View Single Post

Old 04-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2019

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Hi Karen,

I've deleted your posts from two other threads.

In one, about "Using numbered list style, how to indent text immediately following heading to match heading indent?" your note was:
Quote:
There are no styles involved. The person who created this document was not particularly familiar with the tools available in Word. There are no numbered lists involved. This is simply a new paragraph that insists that line 18 of the page be indented a couple of spaces. I've tried adjusting margins, auto-indents, line spacing, you name it I've tried it. Line 18 is destined to be indented. If only I could get line 18 to fall between two paragraphs
In the other, about "Indent of first numbered heading different from subsequent headings" your note was:
Quote:
I don't find indents of numbered paragraphs difficult at all. This isn't a numbered paragraph. It is a normal paragraph in the middle of a normal letter. No styles involved. No headings involved. No lists involved. It is crazy-making that I can't figure this out!
I am not complaining, we want to help you. Forums like this are staffed by volunteers. To get the best help, it is important to keep focus. Posting a new question gives your problem focus. Tacking marginally related things to finished threads loses that focus.

Please check the link I provided and see if it helps. If not, consider posting a sample document.