View Single Post

Old 04-10-2020, 08:37 AM
stardog stardog is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

stardog is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2016-Using a form control within a table cell

Is there any way to control the flow of long text when typing into a form control that is enclosed within a table cell? I've created a fillable form within Word and in order to constrain some of the form elements from shifting about on the page I have placed the form elements within single cell tables. The specific form element I am talking about is the "Plain Text Content Control."

This works perfectly, except when the line of text that is being typed reaches the right cell margin it forces the table to expand further to the right as well. I can avoid this by remembering to hit the enter key as I near the right cell margin, thereby forcing the line of text onto a new line.

Is there a setting somewhere that will allow this to occur automatically? The only setting I've found is Auto Fit, but this just shrinks the text in order to make it fit onto a single line. If there is a lot of text being typed into the cell, how can I force it onto another line as the text reaches the right cell margin? Or is this not possible? I can live with having to hit the enter key each time, but for other users who may not be as adept at knowing to do this, then it will be an issue.

Thanks for anyones input.