View Single Post

Old 04-09-2020, 05:25 AM
xbliss xbliss is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

xbliss is on a distinguished road
Default Other than here, where can I get insights from veteran users on Evolution / Improvements in OneNote?

Other than this group/ forum, where can I get insights from veteran users on Evolution / Improvements in OneNote through 2010, 2013, 2016/19?

I've been one of the earlier users of Groove (way back in 2005) and OneNote (since Office 2007).
I am currently still using OneNote 2010 and did a Side by Side install of 2010, 2013, 2016 / 2019 to compare them;
- with some hope of major improvement in features or
- richness of its structures & metadata/ capture of text & media over versions
- 2010 did not pull Rich Text/ Tables etc into OneNote as well as Word or Evernote did.
- Is the file format still the same or is there metadata that is not backward compatible

At first glance
- I actually find the UI of OneNote 2010, take less space for more tabs (I prefer that) and
- the rest of the app literally is 90% same in every MENU section & its buttons
- So for most of Copy Pasting from a Browser, I see no benefit

--------------------------------------

SO I am wondering - What actual change/ improvement has happened?
- In terms of different strengths & weaknesses (just brainstorming some below - open to all)
e.g. I read somewhere that PALM rejection was improved
- In terms of some specific scenarios, actions, features etc.
- Is there better ability to SEPARATE & MANAGE - Offline ONLY OneNote Files / Notebooks versus those that can / are on Local Drive as well as Sync to Cloud (Live/ OneDrive, maybe Dropbox (LAN Sync)?)
- I did read that "co editing" has/ had evolved in general Office e.g. Word, PPT, Excel, - Specifics relating to Onenote?
- .. Open to all insights..