View Single Post

Old 03-31-2020, 09:30 AM
Rolo18 Rolo18 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Rolo18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
XML files contain a Document Type Descriptor (DTD) which defines its type. Evidently, the DTD for your xml file says it's type isn't one Word can open. One could open it as a plain text file, but all you'd see is the xml code - which I don't suppose would be very useful. You need to use whatever application this xml file type is supposed to be opened with.
So I download different XMLs from online examples and they were working.

One last question regarding my other XML files that I had and weren't working do you know of this code within an xml. When I delete the !DOCTYPE ddn the macro works, not 100% because it doesn't display it neatly but it does work. Do you know of a work around from the !doctype command that these xmls file have.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE ddn> "

EDIT*

Now I'm noticing a trend. It always displays an error as shown above the picture I posted yesterday when it has the " !DOCTYPE "
But when I delete it off the code on the XML it converts it into a word document but it doesn't convert it perfectly. Any idea of how to get the macro working with this type of XML code?

XML file.txt

If it helps I attached the code of the XML file you just have to convert it back to XML format. Thank you