View Single Post

Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
tiny840 tiny840 is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

tiny840 is on a distinguished road
Default Repairing MS Outlook 2003

Question #1: If I use the MS Office Pro CD to "repair" Outlook, will it resolve the following issues and will all of my settings, emails, rules, etc. remain intact?

#1 Issue: For some reason, one of my friends is receiving emails from me, but I am not receiving emails from her. Since the emails appear in my AT&T Web Mail Inbox, but do not come through on Outlook, AT&T says that there is a problem with Outlook.

#2 Issue: I have a rule created for emails from a particular person to go into the Inbox. However, when emails from this person arrive, you see it for a second in the Inbox, and then it disappears. It is not in any folder...not in Deleted Items...not in Junk Mail (or Qurb, etc.)...nowhere; it just disappears.

#3 Issue: In Tools|Options, I have checked the box to add people I email to the Safe Senders List and add Contacts to the Safe Senders List. However, email from several clients repeatly go into the Bulk folder. I added them to my Contacts, but they still have "[Bulk] Re: xxx" in the Subject line, and continue to go into the Bulk folder.

Question #2: Are the Contacts and Address Book two separate files? When I recently replace the hard drive in one of my computers, I copied the Outlook.pst file from the old hard drive to the new one. All my Contacts show up, but nothing is in my Address Book. Is there a way to import all Contacts into the Address Book?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!