View Single Post

Old 03-27-2020, 12:42 PM
EMBWayne EMBWayne is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

EMBWayne is on a distinguished road

I discovered Microsoft’s hidden path to “Control Panel.” Left click on the “Start button” and select “Run” from the menu. In the “Open” window enter “Control Panel” and depress the Enter key. The next window that opens “CONTROL Panel Items” select “Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) (32-bit). When the “Mail Set up – Outlook” window appears click on the “Email Accounts…” button and the Account Settings window will appear. If you highlight any e-Mail account and select “Change…” from the menu bar, the “Change Account” window - POP and IMAP Account Settings Enter the mail server settings for your account. I was able enter the correct addresses for the Verizon incoming and outgoing servers and tested the account settings successfully from “Change Account” window.

I was able to send emails from the Verizon address; however, the version of Outlook that I am using had a hissy fit and returned the e-Mail to the sending address. “Message Delivery Failure” was the subject and the body of the message appears below:

“ This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

username@verizon.net

I have decided that I am going to recognize that using the @Verizon.net e-Mail is not now viable for some @Verizon.net usernames and sooner or later the @Verizon.net e-Mail address will not be viable for any username.

Now, if Verizon can only unload AOL and Yahoo for a couple of hundred million dollars after paying in excess of 8 billion for the two businesses, I suspect senior management @Verizon would be ecstatic.