View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 05:26 PM
binar binar is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

binar is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Page Numbering for 11"x17" sheets

Fellow Forum Members,
Chapter 9 contains ten 11"x17" Foldouts Pages (FP). All preceding eight Chapters are 8.5"x11". For Chapter 9 my goal is to have page numbering that assigns a number for the EVEN blank foldout pages and displays it together with the ODD page number inside the footer. Additionally, I need a "9-" chapter number text to display together with the page number. Below is an example of what I trying to achieve:

FP: 9-1 / (FP: 9-2 Blank)
FP: 9-3 / (FP: 9-4 Blank)
FP: 9-5 / (FP: 9-6 Blank)
FP: 9-7 / (FP: 9-8 Blank)
FP: 9-9 / (FP: 9-10 Blank)

Below is the Field coding I inputted using "Alt+F9 and Cntrl+F9" commands:

Code:
FP:{ PAGE } / (FP:{ = { PAGE } + 1 } Blank)
The problem is the field code does not recognize my settings inside the Page Number > Format Page Numbering > Page Number Format dialog window. In this window I have a checkmark applied to the "Include chapter number" button. Also for "Start at:" I have the radio button selected and set to "1". Below is an example of the output I get on each of the footers:

FP: 1 / (FP: 2 Blank)
FP: 3 / (FP: 4 Blank)
FP: 5 / (FP: 6 Blank)
FP: 7 / (FP: 8 Blank)
FP: 9 / (FP: 10 Blank)

My hope is somebody in this community can help me identify what the problem is with the "9-" text not displaying together with the page number even though it is defined in the Page Number Format window.

Additionally, does Microsoft Word 365 have a { CHAPTER } field I can use so I can bypass using the Page Number Format window? If such a field existed it could hypothetically be used as shown in the example below:

Code:
FP:{ CHAPTER } - { PAGE } / (FP:{ = { CHAPTER } - { PAGE } + 1 } Blank)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.