View Single Post

Old 03-25-2020, 06:42 AM
Ulodesk Ulodesk is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Word 2013 Expert Cert

Ulodesk is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem, except that my longtime account, at a verizon.net address, goes to Yahoo's POP server. (Verizon merged or something with Yahoo years ago, but then left or passed the email handling over to them.)

I can log in to my email, which stay current, on the web, but Outlook steadfastly refuses to connect. I have changed the password (on the web and in Outlook); removed the account from Outlook and tried numerous times to recreate it (can't connect to server); even spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Verizon, whose reps technically don't deal with email issues any longer but a rep helped me anyway, finally telling me it was a problem with the Yahoo servers and to try again in a few days. That was a week ago. I have run Quick Repair for MS Office 365; still no luck.
I can't find any notice of Yahoo POP servers being down, except a mention of a problem for business accounts, and, since I can connect via the web without issue, I wonder if that's the problem at all. Could it be that Outlook is keeping some data somewhere in the background that is causing a conflict?