View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 11:55 PM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

This time there wasn't even the need to format axis labels! (Probably because I started table creating with formatting column A as percent as 1st step.)

Btw, in your picture labels are aligned to left, what indicates they may be formatted as text. But on your chart percents converted to decimals - i.e. they are handled as numbers
Can it be that you entered/calculated label values as percents at start, and then formatted them as text. This may result in confusing effects, as some Excel features (like formulas) will handle such values in previous format until cells in range are updated. And some Excel features (like cell alignment) will handle them in current format. So whe your label values are formatted as text, but are really percents (i.e. numbers), then your chart reads label values text strings containing label values in General format (e.g. 30% will be 0.3), but you can't format axis, as you can't display text value as percent. (This is not a knowledge, but a hunch only!)

When labels are formatted as text currently, change the format to percentage, and go through all cells with percents hitting F2 (activating Edit) and then Enter. After that all values are formatted properly.

Added is example what I got.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ChartAxisFormat.xlsx (14.1 KB, 5 views)