View Single Post

Old 03-21-2020, 07:16 AM
EMBWayne EMBWayne is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

EMBWayne is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Outlook - Cannot manually configure servers, ports, etc, for @Verizon.net account

I'm running Outlook Version 2002 (Build 12527.20278 Click to run).

I have a Verizon e-Mail account that I have had for more than 15 years and recently it stopped working. I deleted the existing account in Outlook based upon the assumption that I could create or re-create account.

When I attempted to create a New account, I was unable to manually enter the server names, ports, etc. Using the Advanced options (Let me set up my account manually), clicking on the Connect button, selecting either POP or IMAP, entering the password and clicking on the Connect button. Displayed a window asking me to re-enter the password id.
The incoming server "pop.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.

The correct incoming server is "pop.verizon.net." I cannot edit the server name. The something went wrong window pops up before I can make a selection then MS Outlook closes and restarts. The new e-Mail account was not created. If the new e-Mail does not exist, I cannot access the "Server Settings" for an e-Mail account that does not exist in Outlook.

I have a @verizon.net “burner“ account that I use to minimize spam and when the spam become a pain, I delete the “burner” @verizon.net account. I still receive e-Mail through the “burner” account that uses the Incoming: pop.verizon.net 995 (SSL/TLS) and Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net 465 (SSL/TLS).

How can I setup the @verizon.net e-Mail account in Outlook that requires the manual setup of the servers, ports, etc.

PS: Another problem I noticed when trying to solve this problem is that the default e-Mail account cannot be changed.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by macropod; 03-25-2020 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Stripped unhelpful formatting