View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 03:30 PM
BobBridges BobBridges is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

BobBridges has a spectacular aura aboutBobBridges has a spectacular aura about

I'm afraid the second attempt isn't much clearer, but I hate seeing a question simply ignored :-). Let's see whether I can make sense of this.

You have three workbooks, named MainTracker, XT and SB.

There's a button (or maybe two buttons) in MainTracker. No, wait, I don't see any buttons there; maybe you meant you will create them. If you push one button, you want certain values to be copied from MainTracker to XT or SB; if you push the other button, you want the same ranges to be copied back into MainTracker from XT or SB.

You speak of the need to ask the user to confirm if there's a danger of copying duplicate information, but we'll have to save that for later; we'll do this a piece at a time.

The column headed "Job Name" in MainTracker evidently indicates which workbook should be the target and source of the copies; if Job Name is "XT" then Model and Location should be copied to (or from) the workbook named XT, and the same for "SB".

How am I doing so far? Is this even approximately correct?

And by the way, what language are you used to? Maybe it'll be something I'm halfway familiar with, in which case we can communicate better.