View Single Post

Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 AM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by allex011 View Post
I need help, how to in one sheet place values from different sheets (30 row for each sheet).
Create an UNION query with every sub-query reading data from one sheet. The query returns data as a Table. You can set conditions for every partial query to filter out entries you don't want to be read. And you can determine a sort order for whole result table. You can set the query to be refreshed:
1. when the workbook is opened;
2. with frequency you can determine (but this option freezes the workbook for time the query is refreshed, and this may be annoying - I myself never use this option);
3. you can refresh the query manually whenever you want.

Ever better advice - keep your data entry on single sheet and add a column with allows to differ data type in row (equivalent of sheet name in your current setup). Then you can:
a) use autofilter to display one (or couple) of data type(s) only;
b) Create a report sheet, where you can select the data type (use Data Validation List for this cell), and use formulas to populate a report table with selected type of data. You have 2 sheets instead of whole bunch of them, and you have same functionality.