View Single Post

Old 03-06-2020, 12:03 AM
Jennifer Murphy Jennifer Murphy is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Competent Performer

Jennifer Murphy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
Keyboard shortcuts are saved to templates. If you aren't paying attention when you create one there is a good chance the change will be saved to the Normal.dotm template. When you go in to look for the macro name activated by a keyboard shortcut then you will need to know what template you are querying at the time.
I don't understand what you mean by "go in to look for the macro name...". Can you be a little more specific, maybe with step-by-step instructions. Sorry to be so dense.

Or are you referring to printing them as described below?

Quote:
A good way to find out what keyboard shortcuts are in a template is to print them out by going to Print and change the first option under the Settings to 'Key Assignments'.
This is very helpful. I never knew this was available.

I tried File | Open | Trusted Templates. There are 4 listed. The last saved dates are in parens.
  • Normal11.dot (4/24/07)
  • Normal.dotm (3/05/20)
  • NormalEmail.dotm (1/03/17)
  • Standard Styles.dotx (10/07/19)

I opened Normal.dotm and printed the assignments. I got 7 pages. My macro (MyOutlineLevel) is not listed and Alt+O shows no assignments ion all three sections.

The other files also have assignments, but just 2-3 pages and no mention of the macro.

This is puzzling, because the macro is absolutely getting executed when I type Atl+o. I just tested it by setting a breakpoint.

What about my second question: What's the recommended way to port my macros over to Word 2016 on Win 10. Can I, as I said, just create a code module under Normal and copy the macros there?

Thanks