View Single Post

Old 02-27-2020, 09:48 AM
chasfh chasfh is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

chasfh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
In attached workbook, on sheet DataTable you enter your data. There are helper columns with differently colored headers - you can hide them;

The sheet Hidden contains a helper table, and as the name of sheet says, you can hide this sheet too;

On sheet Rep, you can select age range you want to get report for (which age is lesser or greater is not limited). Depending on selected age range, the max WAR for this age range and list of players who got max WAR in this age range + season of this result are displayed. I designed the report to be able to return up to 10 players listed - you are free to add or remove rows in player list table at will.

Thanks for your effort in putting this together. It's not what I am looking for.

Your solution returns the player with the highest single season WAR within that age range. I am looking for a solution that returns the player with the highest cumulative WAR across the several seasons of that age range.

See my example above: if I were to select the age range 22 to 27, your formula would return Babe Ruth at 13.9 (at age 26), since he was the player within that age range with the highest ever single season WAR. I am looking for the solution that returns the player with the highest multiple-season cumulative WAR for that age range, which would in this case be Mickey Mantle with 54.8 (i.e., adding 6.7 at age 22, 9.8 at age 23, 11.5 at age 24, 11.4 at age 25, 8.8 at age 26, and 6.6 at age 27).

Any idea whether I can get to that solution by tweaking your work?