View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 01:33 PM
Happosai Happosai is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Happosai is on a distinguished road
Question How to: Master Doc with many fields that generates the same document in various languages

Dear MS-Word-Gurus,

I want to automate certain business processes for my dads company, in order to help him out. With the help of uncle Google and auntie YT, I was able create an automated invoice document, by using bookmarks, ask.fields and ref.fields. It works great and sparked my aspirations

What brought me here:

I want to create a Master Document, with many variable/dynamic fields. After filling out all the fields (date, name, monetary value, tables etc.), it should generate two versions of the same document, however, in different languages.

My idea was to work with Master- & Sub Documents; fields (ask, ref, command button); and some commands/macros.

I have all the fixed parts of the documents pre-written in both languages. Than I start, e.g. with the English version, and fill in all the variables. After I have completed all the variables, it automatically generates the Spanish version, with the same variables, as in the English version.
Nice, additional features would be to auto-safe as PDF and DOC; name the files according to a defined variables in the document (e.g. date, name and language), once filled out all the fields.

I spend some time researching on how to handle my ambitious plan. However, I could not find anything similar. Any guidance and help in form of links, tutorials, constructive post or similar projects is deeply appreciated and will be rewarded with good karma.