View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 06:31 PM
markg2 markg2 is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

markg2 is on a distinguished road

Don't bother, I sort of knew the post was unintelligible to others when posted.

No problem, I've got an easier one.

I have doc 1, which is comprised of a table having 2 columns and lots of row as generated by Word. Some rows are then merged to 1 cell, most are as initially generated by Insert/Table/select how many rows wide and how many down and a few that I've split the first column into 2 'sub' columns within the cell.

Then I created a new doc to experiment. I created the table just as I had done above. Then I created the split cell, 2 wide and tested the concept of copy from Excel, paste special as object and link.

After I understood how the procedure worked, I copied/pasted the experiment table into doc 1.

Problem: the vertical line that separates column 1 and column 2 is misaligned. The vertical separator is off by ~3/32" between that of doc 1 and the pasted experimental.

That shouldn't be. If both tables were created identically, automatically by Word then the centerline of the two columns should match perfectly.

In that they do not, is there a way to tell the complete doc 1 table (with pasted experiment table) to 'make the two columns' equal in width?

Mark