View Single Post

Old 01-30-2020, 07:03 AM
JLOB JLOB is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

JLOB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
I would not expect the prompt for delimiters to appear once you've done the basic setup - unless you change the data source or disconnect from it and have to reconnect.
Nor would I, but there you have it. The problem I have is when to save the document such that it has the delimiters correct.
Quote:
Unless you've moved the CSV file to a different folder or renamed it, or you're using a different CSV file each year, you shouldn't need to change the source. If indeed you're using a different CSV file each year, try using a generic filename for the current year (e.g. 'Mailing List.csv') in the same folder every time, then renaming/moving it to the 'year' folder it after the mailmerge is done.
I use the same input data file name every time. It just has updated data. Years ago, clearly during a moment of creative genius, I named the file csv.csv. Seemed catchy, so I stuck with it!
Quote:
Microsoft introduced that some years ago, to warn users against running documents containing possibly malicious SQL code. If you answer 'No' to the prompt, the document disconnects from the data source. There is a registry edit for suppressing the warning.
I'm no stranger to Regedit. Where might I find the code?

Thanks for your continued help. On another note, I hope the fires near you aren't adversely affecting you or your family.

JLOB