View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 02:10 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLOB View Post
I’m not at all certain that I did it before, and only reasonably certain that I did that today. I certainly tried, but as yet, no joy.
I would not expect the prompt for delimiters to appear once you've done the basic setup - unless you change the data source or disconnect from it and have to reconnect.
Quote:
I no longer remember how to change the source data, but I apparently did it correctly today. I don’t know how to determine what my main document is, so the change was made by accident.
Unless you've moved the CSV file to a different folder or renamed it, or you're using a different CSV file each year, you shouldn't need to change the source. If indeed you're using a different CSV file each year, try using a generic filename for the current year (e.g. 'Mailing List.csv') in the same folder every time, then renaming/moving it to the 'year' folder it after the mailmerge is done.
Quote:
I’m also getting the warning about allowing SQL code when I invoke the document.
Microsoft introduced that some years ago, to warn users against running documents containing possibly malicious SQL code. If you answer 'No' to the prompt, the document disconnects from the data source. There is a registry edit for suppressing the warning.