View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 11:19 AM
JLOB JLOB is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

JLOB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Are you saving the mailmerge main document after connecting to the data source and defining the separators?

I’m not at all certain that I did it before, and only reasonably certain that I did that today. I certainly tried, but as yet, no joy. Part of the problem is that I built this routine in 2005 when I was, not only younger but infinitely more alert. I have two MM routines, this one and Christmas Card addressing. SHMBO (She who must be obeyed) opted to hand-address the cards this year, so I’m not sure if that one works anymore or not. I’ll worry about that one in November.

I no longer remember how to change the source data, but I apparently did it correctly today. I don’t know how to determine what my main document is, so the change was made by accident. Be nice to know how to do it on a regular basis. As far as the separators, I continue to get the prompts. I can live with it, of course, but would prefer to do it right.

Speaking of which… I’m also getting the warning about allowing SQL code when I invoke the document. I notice that you dealt with that in another response recently, but I believe that dealt with VBA macros, and my problem is a bit different. I’d really like to get rid of that warning. Thoughts?

I’ve attached some screen shots.

Thank you.

JLOB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delimiters-1.jpg (133.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Delimiters-2.jpg (133.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg word sql.jpg (104.3 KB, 10 views)