View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 10:33 AM
Alex1s85 Alex1s85 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

Alex1s85 is on a distinguished road

Good evening,

I'm facing a difficult(for my level as a mail merger) issue.
I need to merge 800 letters -data from excel - to individuals referring to their accounts which remain unpaid.

The fields which i have to merge are as the following:

Section A

[CUST_LAST_NAME] [CUST_FIRST_NAME], [Adress], [city], Postal Code[Postal Code],Social Security Number: [CUST_Social Security Number]

and

Section B

Bla bla bla [CONTRACT_1], [CONTRACT_2], [CONTRACT_3] , [CONTRACT_4], [CONTRACT_5], [CONTRACT_6] bla bla bla bla.

So, this is what i need to solve:

In section A, i don't have data for every [CUST_Social Security Number], so when data cell in excel is blank, i have to remove the previous: " ,Social Security Number: " from the letter.

In section B, i have [CONTRACT_1] for every letter but not 2-6 for everyone, so i have to remove all the following commas and spaces between mergefields and keep only one space.

Any help please????

I've tried to delete commas between CONTRACTS from template and to update mergefield with \f ", " but the problem didn't solved because i don't want to have comma after the last CONTRACT

Here is an example of the problem:

Section A

Alex Alexiou, Chalandri, Attica Greece, Postal Code 32100, Tax Number:

In this section, i want to auto-remove the underlined text when Tax Number value is blank in my excel

Section B

Bla bla bla bla bla bla01188204, 01188205, 01188206, blabla bla bla

In this section, i want to eliminate the comma after the last CONTRACT number (i have a range 1-6 contract numbers)