View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 01:43 PM
AdammReilly AdammReilly is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

AdammReilly is on a distinguished road
Default Word displays garbled data over images

I updated my laptop (dell precision 7710) last night from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
When I started working on a word document that I had previously worked on, every image pasted or linked into the file would not display, but fragments of the UI and text from the document are scattered over them. Every time I open the file, the garble is different. Another aspect to this problem is it also happens in outlook, if I paste an image into a new email, or receive an email with an image in it, they come out garbled.

I've attached an example of one such image in the word document I was working on.

I've tested the same files and emails on other machines, and all are normal. Even when I paste an image into an email that is garbled on my end, the receiver gets what I intended to send, with no errors.

I've run windows update a couple of times, manually updated the video drivers, repaired the office installation, and completely removed and reinstalled office. Then one of our IT personnel did the same thing, and after almost 6 hours of going in circles, we're not any closer to finding a solution.

Many of the sources I've talked to say it's a driver issue, but everything we've done pretty much rules that out and I'm just looking for some additional ideas and/or help. Google has not been much help on this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WordImageIssueCapture.JPG (19.4 KB, 20 views)