View Single Post

Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 AM
Danlisa Danlisa is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Novice

Danlisa is on a distinguished road

Thank you.

Using your example from Mail Merge: Using One Excel File with Multiple Sheets

I adapted the database code to use my filenames and column headings etc. as below:

Code:
DATABASE \d "Y:\EA Haz Database\New Haz Database Oct - Dec 2019\Test Files\Haz Waste Cover Letter.docx/../DB Info.xlsx" \s " SELECT FORMAT([WHEN], 'DD-MM-YYYY') AS `Date`, [CONSIGN], Format([QTY],'#,##0.00') AS Quantity KG, [DESCRIPTION] AS Description, [ITEM] AS `EWC`, [CLASS] AS Disposal Method FROM [Detail$] WHERE [ID] = Account Ref ORDER BY [WHEN] " \l "15" \b "49" \h
A few things fail.
The Table headers and contents do not alter from your original layout, however when viewing the Field Code the WHERE ID does alter with each record previewed but I suspect this is just working down my Customer Address Tab.

If I ask WORD to update the fields or run a simulation I get "This data source can not be opened because it is not supported by the application".

I also receive the error "The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or argument...."

Also, after manually editing the code, on occasion the table doesn't render at all but the code is present.

This might be above my pay grade! LOL

If I persevere with this, is there a Condition or Argument where the merge only happens if there is an entry within the DB Info.xlsx that will populate the table? I have more Customer Addresses than I do Customers with Collections and don't need to print "blank" letters.