View Single Post

Old 01-13-2020, 06:06 AM
cinimodaz cinimodaz is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

cinimodaz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
There is a non-macro way of doing this by using linked Content Controls. For the simplest example of this, I will choose to link to a built-in xml property.

First go to the Developer Tab and click on the XML Mapping Pane
Put your cursor where the dropdown list needs to appear. In the XML Mapping Pane, right click on one of the xml fields (I chose Category) and choose Insert Content Control > Dropdown List
Now move your cursor to where the employee number should appear. In the XML Mapping Pane, right click on the same xml field and choose Insert Content Control > Plain Text.
Now select the Dropdown List Content Control you added and go to Developer > Properties. Add the names and numbers by using the Add button (put employee names in the Display name field and their employee number in the Value field.

Once this is done, make a selection on the dropdown and the plain text content control will show the value.

Amazing this is precisely what I was looking for. I just need to learn now how to use already generated excel lists to auto populate word instead of me manually entering the names but this will do for now and was AMAZING thank you!