View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 04:49 AM
Danlisa Danlisa is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Novice

Danlisa is on a distinguished road
Default Mail Merged Letter needs Dynamic Table Populated from Excel

Unsure if this is a Word or Excel query. Inquiring to see if I can even achieve this....

I have a spreadsheet with 3 populated tabs (addresses, collection specifics & product coding). The spreadsheet uses VLOOKUP to auto-populate cells in the Collections tab from the Addresses tab when a user inputs a unique Account Ref, it also auto-populates info from the Product Coding tab into the Collection tab based on what was collected.

Onto WORD - I have setup the standard mail merge for the address mailout and included a field reference to the specific/unique Account Ref used in the VLOOKUP.
However I also need a dynamically resizing table in the body of the letter to 'search' the Collection Tab of the spreadsheet (by referencing all entries that contain the unique Account Ref by default Column A) and then populate the table with data from 5 or 6 cells also from the Collection Specifics tab of the spreadsheet but to include ALL instances where the Unique Account Ref appears in Column A on the Collections tab arranged by date.

To give you a better idea, this is a letter report that details 3 months worth of collections from a customer list (some 4000 strong). Some customers may have 3 collections, while other may have 500+ within the quarter period. I hope I have explained this adequately but have uploaded a screengrab of the current word layout.

To say I'm a novice at this stuff might be an understatement but I'm willing to put time to understand it.....just go easy on the technical jargon.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CULetter.jpg (74.3 KB, 33 views)