Thread: Ms Word Macro
View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Moyx Moyx is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

Moyx is on a distinguished road
Default Ms Word Macro

Hi All

I was wondering if you can help me set up a macro to help make my life easier.

I work in the legal sector and i was tasked with checking defined terms in a couple of extremely long documents.

there is a defintions section that includes all defined terms that are all in bold and the first letter is always capitalised. So i need to check if all defined terms are capitalised in the document (they are only bold in the definitions section but not the body of the document).

I also need to check for any capitalised words in the document that are not defined in the definitions section as they could be either missing a definition or capitalised by accident.

I was wondering if someone can help me design a macro that highlights all defined terms (can be more than one word) in one colour throughout the documents whether its capitalised or not and, highlight all capitalised words that are not defined in a different colour.

That way i will know if defined terms have been capitalised in a document and spot undefined terms in the body.

e.g.

definitions:

Dog means max
Customer means the person purchasing something
Housing Premises means 15 bromley road

body:

the Dog purchased by the customer was delivered to the Housing Premises owned by the Consumer who later sold it back to the Vendor.

Similar questions have been asked before but the persons asking needed macros for terms in quotations rather than bold. I have no idea how to a macro works, i just know how to run them.

I would appreciate your help and thank you in advance.