View Single Post

Old 01-03-2020, 04:20 PM
skeezix skeezix is offline Windows 10 Office 97-2003
Competent Performer

skeezix is on a distinguished road
Default "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Problem

A problem just developed with one of my Excel 2000 files (let's call it "Myfile"). I have been working on Myfile for several years, and I have been using Excel 2000 daily without problems since it came out. However, today I was working on Myfile (added a worksheet, entered data, etc.), then saved it, and then closed it by quitting Excel. When I attempted to reopen Myfile by starting Excel first, Excel displayed the attached image.

When I open Myfile either by double-clicking on its name in Windows Explorer or by starting Excel and then opening Myfile, Excel opens but displays the image. If I then click OK, the message disappears and I can work on it. The next time I close Myfile and attempt to reopen it, Excel displays the same message.

If I close Excel and try to open other Excel files, they open without the message. If I then open Myfile without closing Excel, it opens without the message and I can work on it.

I rebooted my system and have the same problem.

I am not a programmer and I do not understand the message. The Help in Excel does not go into detail about this error nor does it explain how I can overcome it. Can somebody please help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200103 Excel Problem.jpg (16.4 KB, 12 views)