View Single Post

Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Novice

darmstadtrunner is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook Blocked messages

Pretty sure it's not infected. It never came up on the Norton radar screen. I could not send a "trusted" .mdb file across the room to my SO. Her machine rejected the file and I cannot receive .mdb files from her that I created on our respective machines. As I looked deeper and deeper into this, I found out that Updates to all Outlook editions since 2000 have been setup with a "Level 1" security key in the registrty that blocks many different file types that might contain macros. Apparently not everyone has automatic updates running on their PCs. I got the instruction from MS about how to modify my registry to allow .mdb files. I'm not sure I want to do that. I have cleaned my registry of "worms' in the past and I'm not afraid to work in the registry. I just wonder if it's all worth it. I can export the data to an Excel worksheet and create a new DB to incorporate all updates through the "paste append" command and everyone I deal with has Excel and not everyone has same version of Access.

We can also share files through our SBC Yahoo sever with a secondary mail account and just download the file(s) directly to my hard drive or share the files "instantly: through Yahoo IM and probably Windows Messenger and AIM if we wanted to go that route.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Frank