View Single Post

Old 12-16-2019, 10:20 PM
gmayor gmayor is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

gmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud of

The latest rental versions of Office are tied to the internet, so I suspect that you may not be able to go offline without losing the application entirely. However as I use a stand alone version of Office 2016, and avoid the cloud entirely, I cannot confirm that. What happens if you log out of Office?

Clearly you don't want messages sent immediately so what I use is as follows. I also use MailWasher to monitor all my incoming mail before it hits Outlook.

Tools > Options > Advanced > Send and Receive > Uncheck 'Send immediately when connected'
Tools > Options > Advanced > Send and Receive > Send/Receive > Uncheck both 'Schedule an automatic send/receive' options.
Outlook should not then send or receive automatically whether you are on line or off and will save messages you send to your outbox until you force a send/receive.