View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 05:38 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg2 View Post
Oops. I know better. I did have 3 programs open.

I'll rerun DISM with a clean desk.
You might also try rebooting Windows between running DSIM & SFC.
Quote:
You mention Win7 but I'm Win10.
When I posted that, your profile indicated you were using Win 7. I didn't notice that you then changed it.
Quote:
"....the files it couldn't restore have entries with text along the lines of:
'unable to restore'..."

But how do I *specifically restore just those files?
Did you run DSIM with the /RestoreHealth switch before running SFC?

Assuming you did, if they're files for installed devices, screen drivers, etc, simply installing the latest updates of those, or uninstalling/reinstalling should take care of that. For any other files, the process is retlatively technical. You'd need to:
• take ownership of the corrupted files;
• open the install.wim file with DISM (or you could use a 3rd-party app WinZip or 7-zip)
• copy the files from install.wim to the relevant folder (probably the winsxs folder), overwriting the corrupted copies; then
• restore ownership of the files to NT Service\TrustedInstaller.