View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 01:32 AM
harry harry is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

harry is on a distinguished road
Default "Split apart page break and paragraph mark" setting

I was previously using Word 2010 and am now using Word 2019. Word 2010 has a setting under File > Options > Advanced > Compatibility options > Layout options > "Split apart page break and paragraph mark". When this is unticked, inserting a page break (Ctrl+Enter) inserts a page break combined with a paragraph mark, which is not what I want, so normally I tick this setting, and then inserting a page break inserts just a page break, which is what I want.

Word 2010 has 66 of these layout settings, but Word 2019 has only 13, and "Split apart page break and paragraph mark" is no longer there.

The following macro ticks this setting in Word 2010, but it gives an error in Word 2019 ("Run-time error '6313': One of the values passed to this method or property is out of range for this file format.")

Code:
With ActiveDocument
.Compatibility(wdSplitPgBreakAndParaMark) = True
End With
Is there another way to apply this setting in Word 2019?

(As a work-around, I can replace all occurrences of "^m^p" [i.e, page break + paragraph mark] with "^m" [i.e., page break] after the extra breaks have been inserted, but I would rather have a way to get back the option that was there in Word 2010 so that they are not inserted in the first place.)