View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaTom View Post

Remember, I CANNOT toggle Link To Previous on and off. No matter how many times you all tell me to turn it "off." I can only do the "delete" thing that I mentioned above and that is deleting EVERYTHING.

Sorry if I sound frustrated. I think what is happening is that some of you are trying to explain this from memory and that's why you are not seeing what I am seeing on the screen. Please do not take offense to the sometimes sarcastic way I am responding!

1. We are not seeing what you are seeing. We are here and you are there looking at your computer.
  2. You can link to previous and turn that off. Every version of Word since Word 97 can do that. You cannot do it in the first section because there is no previous.
Quote:
The toolbar does not give me the option to toggle Link To Previous on and off. When I click on Link To Previous, I am prompted to choose whether I want to "delete this header/footer and connect to the header/footer in the previous section." If I choose Yes, ALL my page numbers disappear, including the ones from the 7th page to the end of the book. If I click No, nothing at all happens.

If this is what is happening, you are in a section after the first one and you are currently not linked to previous. Changes you make in this header/footer do not change the one in an earlier section.

Remember each section has three headers and three footers, each independent. You may not see them all. Each of these six items can have its own setting for link to previous.
Header/Footer Settings Recap