View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

When you say you have tried all solutions offered here, are you saying there is now NO section breaks in the document? If so, you now need to add a section break in front of Page 7 (where you want the page numbers to start). You then need to ensure the footer in Section 2 is not set to be linked to previous. Then edit the footer for Section 1 to get it the way you desire. Then edit the footer to Section 2 to get it the way you desire.

I know you keep telling us that the issue is with the current version of Word but I'm pretty confident that the different behaviours you are seeing is related to the documents you are using rather than the version of Word. Try moving your document to your Word 2016 machine if you are still convinced that your issue lies with Word 365.

When I'm talking about Page Setup > Layout, I'm describing the dialog box that appears when you either double click the grey side areas of the ruler or hit the Page Setup dialog launcher on the layout tab.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-12-12_16-21-31.png (33.5 KB, 19 views)