View Single Post

Old 12-06-2019, 06:33 AM
fransbosch fransbosch is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

fransbosch is on a distinguished road
Default Report template automation

We provide measurement services, which are conducted according to different standards, such as US EPA, ISO, or EN, as per customer requirements. Each standard has different accredited methods, for various analytes, their sample collection, and analyses. The technical report specifies the standard and itemises and describes the methods as well as site conditions. The numerical results are produced in Excel and attached as addendums. The report body is a mix of paragraphs and tables.

The current report template has all options in it and the report writer deletes the bits that are not applicable. The template is approximately 8,000 words and a simple final report is typically under 3,000 words. A typical section will consist of paragraphs describing the method together with a table of site conditions and whether they satisfy the standard. For different standards, there will be different words and tables. Furthermore, if measurements are conducted at more than one source, it is not just a copy and paste for the extra source/s, because they can be conducted to different standard/s.

I am looking for a system in which I can enter the items below into the Scope of Work section, using dropdown lists, which will then appropriately populate the rest of the template.
1. Number of sources.
2. Standard for each source.
3. Methods and analytes for each source.
• The tables can then be filled in.
• The paragraphs should allow for minor editing.

In addition, some information, such as plant name and project title, has to be repeatedly entered in different sections, such as the title page, header, executive summary, etc. For this, I am looking for a system that if I enter this information in one section, and it automatically copies it to the other sections.

I there an application that will do all this for me, or do I have to develop my template requirements using VBA?