View Single Post

Old 11-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Moonshine is just really niceMoonshine is just really niceMoonshine is just really niceMoonshine is just really nice

roshea

With Word open, if you press the Alt key, you will see what Word has already automatically assigned shortcut keys in yellow in the Ribbon and QAT. These characters are used in conjunction with the Alt key.
If you have a shortcut on the QAT – Quick Access Toolbar – for the Paragraph Settings, note what it says.
If not, you can add a shortcut and this then can be used by the mouse, or the keyboard characters it is given are used in conjunction with the Alt key to open the Paragraph Settings.
My example/video below shows how to add the Paragraph Settings via the QAT custom option and the Alt key then reveals the characters that have been assigned.

When you have the PS icon on the QAT – press the Alt key and release. Then press the first character key and release, then the press the second character key and release to open the Paragraph Settings.
Note: I have used in my example characters that are shown for me. Yours will be different.
If the PS icon shortcut is moved left/right, that’s up/down in the customize window, the characters assigned will change and you will need to use the changed characters.

Word for Mac is somewhat different to the Windows version in various areas, so my apologies if my advice is wrong in your Mac version.

Click the image below to see a short video of the above. I hope it helps you out.

Last edited by Moonshine; 11-06-2019 at 01:43 AM. Reason: emphasize that advice is for the Windows version