View Single Post

Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road
Default The Future of My Documents

Hi Paul, thank you for the reply. I don't know what that means to me and the future of my mail merges.

Far beit for me to approach our IT people as a lackie and tell them they botched up the update of Office on my computer. If I challenge them with that they are apt to take it away for me. I do know they installed Adobe Pro, and uninstalled Office 2010 that for some reason was residing in my computer alongside Office 2016. (Begs to question why our IT left 2010 in when they installed 2016 way back).

Is the issue now on my side, with my documents? Are they useless now? If I recreate them, would I still have the same problem? The data and mail merge documents are not on the computer, they are on a thumbdrive that I use between my school computer and my home computer allowing me to work with the documents at both. I can work with them at home, but no longer at school.

I'm kind of concerned as my new initiative is to make interactive forms using Adobe Pro from the mail merged documents. Being unabvle to make the mail merge documents now sets me back considerably if I have to reinvent the wheel, which if you recall from all your help over the years, was complex at times.