View Single Post

Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM
sharke sharke is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

sharke is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook's calendar export is hysterically unreliable

I'm at my wit's end with this thing. I'm using 2010. Every week I export the appointments of all of my employee's calendars for external processing. I export only the subject and the location fields into tab separated files.

Yet Outlook will frequently not bother to export some of the appointments. The problem usually happens with exceptions to recurring appointments. If I change the location on some of the recurring appointments, Outlook is very spotty about exporting them.

I wouldn't mind so much if the bug was "Outlook will not export exceptions," but as it stands, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for it.

It means that a major part of the automation I've spent so much time and effort developing is pointless, since I have to go into each exported file manually and check it against the calendar it's been exported from. This annoys me a lot after spending $100+ on a program.

Does anyone know of a fix, or a better more reliable 3rd party way to export calendar items? If not, where and how do I report this bug?