View Single Post

Old 10-25-2019, 03:39 PM
realshadow realshadow is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

realshadow is on a distinguished road
Angry Outlook 365 shuts down 5 - 10 seconds after start

Hello

I have an issue since last night that I cannot get a handle on. I am using an ActiveSync account with outlook for quite some time now and had no issues until last night. I realized that as soon as I open Outlook the connection to my server is established, and my emails are displayed for about 10 seconds. As soon as I want to open an email, Outlook shuts down without any warning. The behavior is weird and I really can’t explain what happens. I assume it has to do with the use of an ActiveSync account as outlook works fine when I delete my activesync account. I am able to add a PST and can open and access emails in that archive.
The only way how I can use Outlook again is to remove my activesync account and use a PST file only. If I add the activesync account again Outlook downloads all my emails but then as I start to open an email Outlook shuts down again without a warning and I cannot use it again until I repeat the above.
Did anyone experience something similar?

One thing I should mention. I do not have a certificate for my server from a certificate authority. I use a self signed certificate which was not an issue so far.

I am thankful for any help I can get so please please advise if you have any idea how I can fix that issue.

Thanks so much.

regards

realshadow