View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Kimberly Kimberly is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Expert

Kimberly is on a distinguished road

It has occurred to me that you might have an additional misunderstanding... After you create the template, be sure to add the quick parts to their galleries, taking care to save them to the .dotm you're working in.

To re-cap...

Save your file as a .dotm. So that you can use it on the current machine, save it to the Templates folder.

Add or create the items in this file (add pictures, create tables, headers, etc.) Then save these to their respective galleries, choosing to save to the .dotm file you are in. If I were you, I would at this time create custom categories for the custom parts. I like to name my categories beginning with @ or A so they sort at the top of the galleries. Please see the attached graphic "Template1".

You can then delete the parts that are displayed in the file if you want.
Save and close the file.

On any computer that wants to use this template, save the template to the Templates folder.

When you create a new document based on this template, the quick parts galleries will be automatically populated with your custom parts. See attached graphic "DocFromTemplate".

Don't forget, to use the template, don't open it, instead you should create a new document based on it.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Template1.gif (70.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: gif DocFromTemplate.gif (35.0 KB, 12 views)