View Single Post

Old 10-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
While in the header (or the section the header belongs to), go to:
Page Setup>
Layout tab>
UNCHECK Different First Page>
OK

Glad you could chime in. Thank you for contributing. Please continue to do so. That is how these communities work and we all learn.

However, I do not believe that your response would solve the original problem. I've been unable to produce a situation where it would work. A first-page header not only would be visible when looking at the document but could also be edited directly. (I did check your sample. It was a couple of screenshots. You put some work into it. More useful would be a sample where the process you describe works.)

I've been looking at these issues for a while. That does not mean that I know everything; I do not. Nor am I always right.

Here are a couple of my writings analyzing headers and footers: