View Single Post

Old 10-16-2019, 03:02 AM
mobj mobj is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

mobj is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a macro for word count in one specific column of table, only rows with white background

Hi all, new to these forums, and hoping someone can assist with the above if its not too complicated

I have a bit of a dilemma - I have been doing a long-term copy-editing project, in which I am required to review translated English in one column of a table - however, only the cells in that column which have a white background.

I have done hundreds of these documents, however it now turns out that the client may have made a mistake on the word counts of some of the documents, affecting the calculation of pay!

As I am paid per word, I am looking to try to find a quick and effective way to find the word count for each document (rather than tediously ctrl + selecting each cell which meets the criteria, and then running word count - super time consuming!)

The macro would need to be able to calculate word count in a given column for all rows which have a white / no background, and nothing else (i.e. ignoring grey/green background text). Ideally, it would be as automated as possible, perhaps even outputting the word count to a file or copying to clipboard. However even if I have to select the given column for each document and then run the macro, that would save me hours and hours of time.

I have attached a screenshot of a sample document that I need to do the word check for - only the text in the white background cells would be calculated.

Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
John
Attached Images
File Type: png sample doc.png (92.5 KB, 14 views)