View Single Post

Old 10-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane932 View Post
I believe I figured out why I was receiving the error.

So, moving forward I believe these are the steps I should follow to ensure my formatting is not affected by another's Normal.dotx.

Create a new template. I add it to my document through the Template and Add-ins dialog box with Automatically update document styles checked. Then, I can find and apply my new styles. When done formatting, I uncheck the Automatically update document styles and I'm good to go.

Have I finally grasped this? (I truly appreciate your patience.)
That is a viable method. Another, perhaps simpler, method would be to use the Styles Organizer. I've gone so far as no have macros that do this for a particular set of styles. A Global StyleSheet in Microsoft Word?

Anoher option would be to use Quick Style Sets.

Both of those do not involve attaching a template (and detaching the current template). This probably only matters if your document is currently attached to a template other than the normal template and has resources in it like keyboard shortcuts, macros, or QAT modifications to which you want continued access.