View Single Post

Old 10-11-2019, 06:58 AM
timf timf is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

timf is on a distinguished road
Default How to print bookmarks in a document to separate .pdf file

I'm new to using VBA (and coding) and I'm not even sure this is possible but here's what I have and what I'm trying to do.

I have a large word doc that contains different sections. Each section was a separate file that has been inserted into this document. I've turned each section into a bookmark and attached the bookmark to a checkbox. This way someone can uncheck a box if they don't want that section included in the document. The checkboxes work using a hidden font command. This whole setup is much easier because some sections need edited by the user and with everything in one place it goes faster.

So what I need to do is be able to print to pdf each included bookmark as a file in a specific folder. For instance, when I click print, I need the bookmark "Section 1" to print to pdf, call itself "Section 1", and go to a folder called "All Sections for this Project". I also need the unchecked sections to NOT print but I think I could do that using an if then command. Please let me know if that is clear or if I need to explain more.

If someone could let me know if this is possible and help out a bit that'd be great!