View Single Post

Old 10-09-2019, 10:51 PM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

The main reason for different approach was, that with way you did it, whenever you have to add a new project, you had to design the workbook anew. With my approach, you add a new project into projects table, and it's all you need to do! I myself prefer to design my applications at once, and then let them work for years without updating the design.

Also my approach is not sensitive to order of entries in table. You can sort it in any way you like.

And you can add any new report sheets you'll need in future. Btw. having different entries project-wise on same row makes creating reports over certain period practically impossible, unless there will always be an entry (and only one) for every project per day.

Instead of SUMIF(), my advice is to use SUMIFS().
And having all entries on separate sheet designed like a database table makes calculations easier really. With your design you need formulas like = SUMIF(...) + SUMIF(...) + ... - a SUMIF() for every project! Imagine you have 20 - 30 different projects!