View Single Post

Old 10-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Sheri Sheri is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Sheri is on a distinguished road
Default SumIF with non-adjacent cells

Hello and thanks for the help. I attached a picture of my spreadsheet. I hope it helps.

I am tracking hours for 3 different projects in Excel using the codes IT, HR, and B. In column P I want to count the hours that have been assigned to the IT Project, In column R, count the hours for HR and in column T, count the B hours. Columns v through AG will collect the hours and assign the project code.

In columns V and W I will sign in and sign out, column X will calculate the number of hours for V&W, and in column Y I will assign the code of IT, HR, or B to the hours.

In columns Z and AA I will sign in and sign out, column AB will calculate the number of hours for Z&AA, and in column AC I will assign the code of IT, HR, or B to the hours.

In columns AD and AE I will sign in and sign out, column AF will calculate the number of hours for AD&AE, and in column AG I will assign the code of IT, HR, or B to the hours.

I need help figuring out how to create a formula in column P to add only the IT hours found in columns X, AB and AF based on the codes in Y, AC and AG; then in column R add only the HR hours found in columns X, AB and AF based on the codes in Y, AC and AG; then in column T add only the B hours found in columns X, AB and F based on the codes in Y, AC and AG.

SUMIF is not playing well with multiple cells, it returns an error of too many arguments. And when I try to enclose multiple cells in ( ) the #VALUE! error appears.

Of course the calculations in P, R and T will be the same syntax with a variation of the cells used. I'd appreciate an example for either column P, R or T.

Thank you so much.
Attached Images
File Type: png excel example.png (143.9 KB, 23 views)