View Single Post

Old 09-22-2019, 01:12 AM
jenni jenni is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

jenni is on a distinguished road
Default Advanced Problem: Numbered List Dilemma

Hello friends,

I have been working on this problem for a long time with no solution, and it's driving me nuts.

So I have a numbered list of items set as a bookmark. I inserted a cross-reference of this bookmark at another section of my document.

Essentially, I have two sets of identical numbered lists at different sections. Whenever I update one of the numbered lists, I can "update field" the other numbered list to edit it without re-typing everything.

The problem is, when I "update field" my cross-referenced numbered list, it changes my original "bookmarked" numbered list.

Basically, my original "bookmarked" numbered list would continue it's numbering (1,2,3..etc) from my "cross-referenced" numbered list, and end up starting from a different number (4,5,6...etc).

Try it out yourself and you will see what I am talking about... it's driving me nuts.

I want both numbered lists to start at 1, especially after I update field the cross-reference numbered list. Does anyone have a solution to this strange problem?

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 09-22-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Mark as solved