View Single Post

Old 09-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Eowyn Eowyn is offline Mac OS X Office 2016 for Mac
Novice

Eowyn is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I've confused you by skipping past the step-by-step. When I said you needed to make another master, that did NOT mean an entire new file. You are going to stay within one file -- for this explanation, we stick with Sample.pptx

Part of this confusion comes from the way PPT introduced themes and multiple masters. The naming convention is not very friendly; Layout and Master mean sort of the same thing "the base arrangement of the slide" but they aren't always interchangeable terms.

Also I'm working from an office that has customized the themes/masters and templates so I can't guarantee I see what you see.

Open Sample.pptx

On Slide 3, we look on the HOME ribbon tab for the LAYOUT button. When I click on the down arrow next to Layout, I see that the layout is Name "Title and Content" . Further I see that there are 11 layouts possible within the 1_Office Theme, and I also see another 9 layouts possible within the Office Theme.

If I change the layout "Title and Content" from the 1_Office Theme to the layout "Title and Content" from the Office Theme, I lose the animation. It also looks to me like the title font changes when I apply the new layout, but it's a minor change.

I think that should be enough for the sample; anytime you want the animation, you choose the layout "Title and Content" from the first theme "1_Office Theme" and when you don't want the animation, you choose "title and Content from the second theme "Office Theme"

If that doesn't work for you, let me know, and I'll expound more on how to create another "master" HINT, it revolves around clicking on the VIEW tab and clicking on SLIDE MASTER. Unfortunately, I will not be able to respond until tomorrow.