Thread: [Solved] Multi-level list Weirdness
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline Windows 10 Office 2019

Stefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to allStefan Blom is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
The macros looks (to my admittedly untrained eye) like a generic reset for multilevel lists, so I didn't think it was developed for this specific problem.

I had never seen this problem before, and now I gotten it twice in a month, so I was curious if anyone else here had encountered it. Hell, I haven't run into any corrupted Word files since 2002 (files with about 5 years of tracked changes went wonky. Bad craziness.)

I'm dealing with a lot of legacy documents, so it's not surprising that there are some issues. I'll need a clean template--which I was going to create anyway--but I'll get a network admin to tweak may account so that I can run the macro on the new template, just to be sure.
The macro specifically resets font formatting for the numbers in numbered lists, so (as far as I know) the macro is specific to the issue discussed here. Only Doug Robbins would be able to give you more details, but I don't think he is a member in this forum.

Since the underlying cause is corruption in the numbering, it is a good idea to recreate the document template.

Microsoft 365 apps for business
Windows 11 Professional