View Single Post

Old 09-11-2019, 01:21 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcas View Post
The original document gets messed up often, because people accidentally do 'save', or accidentally change things in the formats or in the pre-typed texts or do other creative things...
That's because you're not using a template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcas View Post
I tried making the document a template (.dotx). This works fine, except that the password is not passed on the the 'save-as''d document. And my users will forget/can't do it themselves. I have spend considerable time explaining how to use 'save-as' and it still goes wrong often.
If you used a dotm template, you could add a macro to it to apply/require a password on saving. The output documents, could remain in the docx format.