View Single Post

Old 09-03-2019, 01:17 AM
SebastianWien SebastianWien is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

SebastianWien is on a distinguished road
Unhappy how to combine word Documents properly

Hello,

I came across a rather complex topic. I need to combine several word documents to form a big one. The reason is that we have a bunch of smaller components which we wish to use whenever necessary. So a final document may be composed of 3 parts, another of 5 parts and so on. It depends on the type of final document we wish to create.

Now the only thing that is missing is a way to make sure that the formatting within the global document, numbering etc. is the same as it is in the sub-documents.

To better understand the problem, I have attached two files. One is the header.docx and one the documentpart.docx. As you can see, the documentpart has a caption "Topic 1" with Calibri 14, bold. If im going to combine this document with the header document, it strangely changes this font to times new roman. I have also witnessed other problems like missing numbering, wrong alignment etc. What Im using is the "Insert text from object".

Someone already gave me the hint that this is related to a wrong format in the header document, but I want to exactly know how to properly setup word documents so they can be merged properly.

Best Regards

Sebastian
Attached Files
File Type: docx HEADER.docx (29.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: docx DOCUMENTPART.docx (28.5 KB, 6 views)