View Single Post

Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 PM
ExcelUser1102 ExcelUser1102 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

ExcelUser1102 is on a distinguished road
Default Find All not working correctly

I have narrowed down this issue so I know what is happening but I don't know why it is happening. This was taken from a much larger workbook so it isn't a quick fix of just one cell, which is what this example might look like.

This is the issue: When doing a FindAll for the word "Bodily" on List2 within "Sheet" searching "By Rows" (which is the default), there are 3 items in the results, which is correct.
When the search is done within "Workbook", there is only 1 item and that is the one from the List1 tab. This search is not including the cells on List2.
Again, the source workbook is much larger and needs to be searchable for all tabs, so this is a larger issue than what is shown.
One interesting thing we have found is that if the search is done "By Columns", it correctly finds 4 items in the workbook.

Why would it find the cells correctly when searching by columns. No one would ever think to change than when doing a word search unless they knew this issue might exist.

I know it has something to do with a merged cell in B2:B4, but I don't know why it is behaving this way.

Can someone help explain why this is happening and how we can fix it.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx FindAll_Issue.xlsx (12.3 KB, 10 views)